The Lead Automation Engineer is responsible for the successful design and development of high-value automation projects involving robotics, machine vision, servo actuators, pneumatics and unique processes. Working with team members, the Lead Automation Engineer will define and control the scope, manage the design and development details, and support installation, testing and training at the customer’s site. The Lead Automation Engineer will report to the Director of Automation and will be responsible for on-time delivery to specification within the cost expectations defined by the business.
- Manage large-scale automation projects providing single-point accountability to ensure delivery to cost, schedule, and quality targets;
- Interact with customers to manage scope and deliverables;
- Provide regular progress reports to senior management;
- Work with other organizations as the technical team leader to define project scope and manage changes as they occur;
- Promote a safe and ethical workplace, and deliver equipment that meets all company, state, and federal requirements for same;
- Lead the design, development and deployment team, husbanding internal and external resources as required, to get the job done;
- Collaborate within Fresh Consulting to ensure a successful team-oriented work environment;
- Alert senior management of any deviations from the agreed plan that might have a significant impact on cost, schedule, or quality;
- Own the process from cradle to grave.
Education and Experience
- BS in Mechanical Engineering with 5-10 years of relevant experience in the field of automation. Advanced degree a plus;
- Experience managing large projects involving both internal and external resources;
- Experience implementing robotics and complicated automation systems in a manufacturing environment;
- Experience modeling complex mechanical systems using Solidworks;
- Possess highly effective communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact within both engineering and operational environments, and with both clients and suppliers;
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, motivated and self-directed;
- Competent with Microsoft Office Suite.
We’re big believers in empowering our team to do their best work by offering:
- High integrity, values-driven Executive Leadership Team
- Competitive salary and benefits plan
- HSA / HRA Options to Medical Plans
- Employee Insurance premiums paid by Fresh
- Competitive time-off plans
- Wellness program
- 401K with partial matching
- Training and development programs
- Daily catered lunch
- Partnerships with interesting and engaging clients who align with our values
- Fun and collaborative work environment with a focus on growth
Equal employment opportunity: All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, familial status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability for which a reasonable accommodation can be made or any other status protected by law. Assistance will be gladly provided upon request for any applicant with sensory or non-sensory disabilities.
*Fresh Consulting is an E-Verify participating company
See Fresh in action