Hardware Engineer IV (Power Management)
Fresh Consulting is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end digital services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We’ve been growing fast and need someone to help us continue to manage the delivery of high-quality work in a fast-paced environment.
See more at freshconsulting.com Visit freshconsulting.com/portfolio to see our project work across several industries.
View and apply to all jobs – https://freshconsulting.applytojob.com/apply/ or visit freshconsulting.com/careers
Title: Hardware Engineer IV(Power Management)
Duration: 6 months with possible extension
Location: Onsite Sunnyvale, CA
Benefits: Employee benefits at 100% including Medical, PTO, Holiday Pay, 401K Plan, and much more!
Hours: Minimum 40 Hours/Week
– The candidate will work with multi-functional teams to design, model, simulate and verify power distribution networks (PDN).
– This design position starts at the product concept, continues through design, and finishes all the way to post product ramp.
– Provide system-level power estimates for various usage scenarios (e.g. battery life, thermal, voltage drop, and peak power) as part of the design target and tradeoff process.
– Own system-level power modeling and validation. Work on next-generation hardware with various cross-functional teams across Meat to verify subsystem power against expectation.
– Perform hands-on investigation and debug power-related issues and provide feedback for power-saving opportunities during a Product development cycle.
– Constantly improve our system power modeling and validation methodology.
– Must have extraordinary EE fundamentals.
– 5 + years overall experience in the industry
– Strong EE fundamentals in Battery RC model, Power distribution networks (PDN), System Power Architecture and Peak power, Modeling, and Control, Battery charging/discharging, and Power electronics.
– Familiar with lithium-ion battery management concepts such as capacity estimation, charging algorithms, and impedance analysis.
– High level of knowledge in power integrity analysis (Modeling, Simulation, Verification, and Correlation)
– Hands-on experience in simulation tools: Matlab/Simulink, Python, Ansys HFSS/Maxwell/SIWave, CST, ADS/Spice/Spectre, Cadence/Sigrity. Able to process and analyze large data sets as power modeling inputs
– Hands-on experience in hardware board-level testing, validation, and with lab equipment (near field scanning, spectrum analyzers, VNAs, scopes)
– Working experience in wireless charging systems is Plus, Such as Qi and NFC wireless charging technology, and familiar with Wireless charging system magnetic modeling/simulation, EE design, and testing. (Plus)
– Experience with Firmware: Silicon or module Firmware brings up, bench validation with Python script, firmware flowchart/overflow define.
Education: BSCSE or related.
– Work on engineering and research assignments with F500 companies and startups.
– The relationships that we have created with our clients are one of a kind.
– We help solve problems in many technologies focusing on R&D, product development, and manufacturing.
– We work with the most cutting-edge and latest technologies from AR/VR to Autonomous technologies.
– Closely working with our clients, we believe that long-term investments are extremely important to maintain the culture we together have created.
We’re a handpicked team of Engineers, digital strategists, designers, and developers united together in creating a fresh experience. Whether we are strategizing, designing, developing, or analyzing, our integrated team works as an extension of yours to improve your impact, your usability, and your customer conversion. In the process, we collaborate with you to get to know your business, understand your industry, and incorporate your big ideas into memorable experiences that keep your customers coming back for more.
Equal employment opportunity: All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, familial status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability for which a reasonable accommodation can be made or any other status protected by law. Assistance will be gladly provided upon request for any applicant with sensory or non-sensory disabilities.
Fresh Consulting is a participating E-Verify company.
Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Range $80/hr – $90/hr.