Fresh Consulting is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end digital services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We’ve been growing fast and need someone to help us continue to manage the delivery of high-quality work in a fast-paced environment.
See more at freshconsulting.com Visit freshconsulting.com/portfolio to see our project work across several industries.
View and apply to all jobs – https://freshconsulting.applytojob.com/apply/ or visit freshconsulting.com/careers
Title: Hardware Engineer III
Duration: 1 year with possible extension
Location: Onsite Redmond, WA
Benefits: Employee benefits at 100% including Medical, PTO, Holiday Pay, 401K Plan, and much more!
Hours: Minimum 40 Hours/Week
– Design, plan, and execute characterization studies and experiments. Record experimental results and key observations. Collect and analyze data.
– Develop and set up advanced imaging methods and systems with high-speed cameras and optics for actuators and vibration studies.
– Research into the latest characterization and sensing hardware and technologies.
– Work with mechanical, electrical, and firmware engineers to design and develop customized instrumentation, mechanical structures, and testing platforms to enable and support characterization projects.
– Work with microscale devices, components, and systems for studies and characterization experiments.
– Troubleshoot system- or subassembly-level issues in the areas of instrumentation and electromechanical systems.
– Deliver technical reports to peers, managers, and stakeholders.
– Assist in lab administration and management.
– Provide training and support to lab users.
– 3-5 years of work experience.
– Having strong research and development skills, and demonstrating strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
– Highly skilled in designing, managing, and conducting complex experiments, and collecting and analyzing data.
– Significant experience with high-speed imaging setups, including high-speed cameras, illumination sources, optics, and microscopes.
– Proficient in imaging processing and analysis. Experience with computer vision is a plus.
– Familiarity with mechatronics, sensors, electromechanical systems, and pneumatic systems. Experienced working with microscale devices, microfluidics, or soft robotics systems.
– Extensive experience in troubleshooting instrument issues and root-cause analysis.
– Familiarity with mechanical design and 3D modeling tools such as SolidWorks or AutoCAD.
– Skilled in at least one of the programming languages: Python/Matlab/C+.
– Familiarity with LabView is a plus. Experience with COMSOL multiphysics modeling is a plus.
– Excellent in execution. Demonstrating strong ownership and initiative.
– Excellent communication skills, team player, detail-oriented, and strong work ethic.
– Ph.D. degree or MS degree.
Education: Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering, Material Science, Electrical Engineering, or relevant engineering discipline.
– Work on engineering and research assignments with F500 companies and startups.
– The relationships that we have created with our clients are one of a kind.
– We help solve problems in many technologies focusing on R&D, product development, and manufacturing.
– We work with the most cutting-edge and latest technologies from AR/VR to Autonomous technologies.
– Closely working with our clients, we believe that long-term investments are extremely important to maintain the culture we together have created.
We’re a handpicked team of Engineers, digital strategists, designers, and developers united together in creating a fresh experience. Whether we are strategizing, designing, developing, or analyzing, our integrated team works as an extension of yours to improve your impact, your usability, and your customer conversion. In the process, we collaborate with you to get to know your business, understand your industry, and incorporate your big ideas into memorable experiences that keep your customers coming back for more.
Equal employment opportunity: All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, familial status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability for which a reasonable accommodation can be made or any other status protected by law. Assistance will be gladly provided upon request for any applicant with sensory or non-sensory disabilities.
Fresh Consulting is a participating E-Verify company.
Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Range $60/hr – $70/hr.