Fresh Consulting is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end digital services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines.
At Fresh Consulting, we strive to hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive. See more at freshconsulting.com
The Fresh Consulting robotics team is working with customers to build and deploy fleets of robots into the field. Join us to develop tooling, services and pipelines to enable over the air updates for large robot form factors to small IoT RTOS based devices.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to work with our robotics team. In this role you will be responsible for live site issues, developing and maintaining product pipelines, identifying engineering system issues and implementing integrations that meet our customers’ and internal team needs. If you have a solid background in software engineering, are familiar with Shell scripting/Python/C++, and want to be part of a fast-paced and exciting team, we’d love to chat!
- Developing, implementing and maintaining the health of the robotics development and simulation engineering systems
- Create, implement and support release integration pipelines
- Create, implement and support deployment pipelines
- Stand up and maintain Kubernetes clusters in the cloud and on the edge
- Crafting and maintaining client robotics development and deployment pipelines
- Develop software for integration with internal back-end systems
- Develop Automation scripts for scale and reliability
- Designing procedures for robotics system troubleshooting and maintenance
- Experience implementing and managing processes to uphold cloud platform service level agreements
- You are someone who exuberates grit, possesses strong competency to work through ambiguity and actively works to find the simplest and most optimal solution for customers
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- 8+ years experience working within an engineering capacity
- 5+ years experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role
- 6+ years of experience in one or more scripting/automation languages
- Proficient with git and git workflows
- Proficient with Linux command line and shell scripting
- Familiar with configuring Linux OS internals for custom deployments
- Familiar with containerization technologies such as Docker
- Familiar with Kubernetes in the cloud and on the edge
- Proficient with Infrastructure as Code practices and tooling such as Terraform and Kustomize
- Design, implement, automate, deploy, monitor the infrastructure and applications on Azure and AWS cloud
- Work with Engineers to develop and integrate best practice standards to integrate with CI/CD pipeline
- Good knowledge of Python project packaging and deployment
- Experience building and maintaining board support packages (BSP’s)
- Collaborative in a team environment
- Some knowledge of robotics or hardware/software development process
- Familiarity with deploying Real-time Operating Systems such as Zephyr and FreeRTOS
- Experience with Azure DevOps and/or Confluence/Jira
- Customer facing role experiences operating within a service capacity
- Working knowledge of database design, architecture and maintenance
- Experience with machine learning pipeline development
- Experience with reporting and analytics systems development
- Experience/aspiration in leadership
- Good knowledge of C++ project packaging and deployment
Equal employment opportunity: All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, familial status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability for which a reasonable accommodation can be made or any other status protected by law. Assistance will be gladly provided upon request for any applicant with sensory or non-sensory disabilities.
*Fresh Consulting is a participating E-Verify company.