In this role, you are responsible for managing business operations and resources across our three Practice Areas and 4 offices. Key responsibilities include people development & coaching, portfolio/delivery management, and sales enablement. This role has responsibility for financial performance.
Accountable for operational/financial metrics and overall business results on the delivery of projects across the Company. Responsible for ensuring profitable growth, quality of consulting delivery, and maintaining customer satisfaction.
Accountable for growing PM competency across the team through training & development to improve project execution, contribution margin across the business, and to build our PM Leadership bench. Leads initiatives to address process improvements, technology enhancements, and training that will grow our people and enable teams to work more efficiently resulting in increased customer quality and innovation.
People Development & Leadership
- Provides direct management & mentorship of our PMO to ensure successful delivery outcomes across our business
- Coaches and trains PMs in project management and control procedures for the mix of projects while driving accountability for the results
- Works either directly or through PMO to provide ongoing mentorship across our PM Team to support their growth & success on client projects (e.g. project planning, scope/budget/schedule performance & management, product storytelling, risk management, communication, & consulting)
- Partners closely with Practice Area Leadership driving continuity and alignment across our organization
- Attends Practice Area meetings as needed to identify gap areas and be integrated with team needs to guide best practices, support decision making, and ensure business standards and policy are upheld
- Builds the Bench – identifies High Potential Bench of leaders for scale, and early career phase leaders with potential
- Analyzes project metrics and financials, and performs weekly project reviews; prepares a weekly portfolio dashboard that summarizes project health
- Prepares and presents executive level presentations
- Tracks risks and reports on mitigation plans and risk completion to ensure quality; reports quarterly on themes & issues
- Tracks and reports quarterly client satisfaction scores, delivering insights to teams to take action to improve delivery outcomes
- Organizes and project manages company-wide processes and procedures and continuous improvements across our organization
- Provides expertise on the current business process and requirements for our systems and tools
- Performs analysis of sales data, backlog, project level financials and utilization data to supports preparation of revenue forecasts and to stay ahead of current resource demand
- Consolidates hiring plans across our delivery team and tracks attainment as an input to expense forecasting
- Serve as an advisor to executive leadership on organization financial performance, P&L forecasting and operations
- Support business development activities for the organization by assisting with contracts and proposals
Required Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree and PM certification desired
- 8+ years of working knowledge of agile and waterfall delivery methodologies
- 10+ years experience leading hardware and software projects
- 10 years’ experience as operations lead and/or PM for a professional services or large or enterprise consulting organization, with focus on product or program management
- 15+ years as people manager, experienced in leading training & development in the areas of PM and operations
- Previous experience as a project manager with P&L responsibility for a professional services or consulting organization with project budgets in excess of $3M
- Previous experience conducting project quality assurance reviews for projects with budgets in excess of $3M
- Previous experience writing statements of work and proposals for project budgets in excess of $3M
- Proficient in preparing and delivering executive level presentations
- Previous experience in leading process improvement initiatives from design through implementation
- Applied working knowledge of change management principles
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Ability to work in support of team members across global time zones
At Fresh Consulting, we strive to hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
Equal employment opportunity: All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, familial status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability for which a reasonable accommodation can be made or any other status protected by law. Assistance will be gladly provided upon request for any applicant with sensory or non-sensory disabilities.
*Fresh Consulting is a participating E-Verify company.