Fresh Consulting is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end digital services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines.
For three years in a row, Fresh Consulting has been recognized as one of the Fastest Growing Companies on the Eastside, including the #1 fastest growing business on the Eastside in 2018. In three of the last four years Seattle Business Magazine recognized us as one of the Best Places to Work in Washington. We want to continue our trend as a choice employer and service provider.
At Fresh Consulting, we strive to hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
Are you an experienced Front End Development Director that wants to work in an amazing environment with a team of talented and creative IT professionals? If so, read on!
What we need:
We are looking for a Front End Development Director to join our growing team. Our collaborative team of consultants delivers results across multiple verticals and technology platforms to mid-size and enterprise clients. At Fresh Consulting you will experience a dynamic work environment with a talented team, excellent benefits, and an innovative culture.
As a Front End Development Director, you will apply your extensive knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, operating systems and databases. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and envision future improvements.
You will assist in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives. Regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met. Ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations.
- 10+ Years of Front End Development experience
- 5+ years of experience managing other developers
- Strong Leadership and People Management skills
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Thorough understanding of product development
- Understanding of scalable computing systems, software architecture, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience working with package managers like NPM or Yarn
- Understanding of RESTful API’s, promises, and coroutines
- Familiarity with concepts such as hooks, lifecycle methods, RXJS, state management, etc
- Experience with writing unit test cases
- Experience with the cross-browser, platform, and device manual/automation testing
- Strong knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Ability to communicate with business and technical audiences
- Analytical skills, ability to “think outside the box” and move concepts to implementation
- Ability to take ownerships of the tasks/projects assigned
- High attention to detail and personal organization skills
- Dedication to produce clean code that validates and follows industry coding style standards
- Ability to work effectively autonomously and in teams
- Understanding of software architecture, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience with optimizing web pages for web accessibility
- Experience with optimizing website performance
- Experience with databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Experience with working with back-end frameworks: Laravel, Node, etc.
- Strong UI / UX skills and understanding of Usability
- Strong design and coding skills with the ability to pick up new languages, tools and design patterns as needed
Minimum of a Bachelor Degree in the areas of Computer Science, Information Systems, engineering, mathematics, statistics, social sciences or business/marketing or related fields.
*Fresh Consulting is an E-Verify participating company
Equal employment opportunity: All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, familial status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability for which a reasonable accommodation can be made or any other status protected by law. Assistance will be gladly provided upon request for any applicant with sensory or non-sensory disabilities.