Fresh Consulting is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end digital services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We’ve been growing fast and need someone to help us continue to manage the delivery of high-quality work in a fast-paced environment.
See more at freshconsulting.com Visit freshconsulting.com/portfolio to see our project work across several industries.
View and apply to all jobs – https://freshconsulting.applytojob.com/apply/ or visit freshconsulting.com/careers
Title: Firmware Software Engineer
Duration: 1 year with possible extension
Location: Onsite Redmond, WA
Benefits: Employee benefits at 100% including Medical, PTO, Holiday Pay, 401K Plan, and much more!
Hours: Minimum 40 Hours/Week
– Lead efforts to analyze, design, develop, and debug firmware for a wide variety of AR and VR devices, including novel sensing and imaging systems, haptic devices, and audio prototypes.
– Understand and implement firmware on micro-controllers, leverage peripherals, manage power consumption, support boot loaders, and schedule real-time tasks. (RTOS)
– Collaborate in a team environment across multiple, research-focused, and engineering disciplines, making the architectural tradeoffs required to rapidly deliver firmware solutions.
– Support all phases of custom hardware development – including early architecture requirements definition, firmware architecture, proof-of-concept implementation, selection of MCUs and tools, and board bring-up.
– 3+ years of experience in embedded firmware design or equivalent experience.
– Experience in programming embedded systems with C.
– Experience with peripherals such as USB, SPI, MIPI CSI/DSI, I2C, UART, GPIO, etc.
– Experience with wireless or wired communication protocols such as USB, TCP/IP, Ethernet, Bluetooth and 802.11
– Experience with embedded Linux, Kernel, Yocto, Buildroot, etc.
– Experience maximizing the performance of resource-constrained systems
– Experience with either an RTOS-based or bare metal system
– Experience with high-compute/throughput systems and using sim/modeling to estimate performance and power
Please have the below pre-qualification questions answered with the resume submittal:
– Describe your programming experience in languages like Python, Java, C#, C++, or C.
– Provide examples of projects where you have created initial system bring-up, debugging, and test code using these languages.
– Have you written firmware in C for embedded systems from scratch or performed bring-up firmware tasks? Describe a project where you had to write firmware or troubleshoot firmware-related issues.
Education: BSCSE or related.
– Work on engineering and research assignments with F500 companies and startups.
– The relationships that we have created with our clients are one of a kind.
– We help solve problems in many technologies focusing on R&D, product development, and manufacturing.
– We work with the most cutting-edge and latest technologies from AR/VR to Autonomous technologies.
– Closely working with our clients, we believe that long-term investments are extremely important to maintain the culture we together have created.
We’re a handpicked team of Engineers, digital strategists, designers, and developers united together in creating a fresh experience. Whether we are strategizing, designing, developing, or analyzing, our integrated team works as an extension of yours to improve your impact, your usability, and your customer conversion. In the process, we collaborate with you to get to know your business, understand your industry, and incorporate your big ideas into memorable experiences that keep your customers coming back for more.
Equal employment opportunity: All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, familial status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability for which a reasonable accommodation can be made or any other status protected by law. Assistance will be gladly provided upon request for any applicant with sensory or non-sensory disabilities.
Fresh Consulting is a participating E-Verify company.
Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Range $70/hr – $80/hr.