Fresh Consulting is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end digital services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We’ve been growing fast and need someone to help us continue to manage the delivery of high-quality work in a fast-paced environment. See more at freshconsulting.com
Visit freshconsulting.com/portfolio to see our project work across several industries.
Title: Firmware Engineer (Real-Time System Control)
Duration: Project Based Long-Term Vendor Contract
Location: Redmond, WA or New York, NY
Benefits: Employee benefits at 100% including Medical, PTO, Holiday Pay, 401K Plan and much more!
Hours: Minimum 40 Hours/Week
– Develop firmware on an embedded RTOS platform, bare-metal to interface with and acquire data from various sensors (e.g. I2C, I3C, SPI, USB3, with DMA).
– The engineer for this role will be responsible for adding test hooks to HMD firmware.
– They will also help implement an automated test gate around new firmware releases to catch any regressions or new bugs before the firmware is released to the rest of the team.
– 5+ years industry experience.
– C programing experience.
– Experience producing production quality, fail-safe firmware for real-time system control.
– Deep knowledge of inter-chip communication such as SPI, I2C, UART, and CAN.
– Ability to understand low level device documentation and rapidly translate that information into software solutions.
– Proven skills debugging embedded systems where high level debuggers are often unavailable.
– Experience analyzing hardware.
– Experience with wireless and wired communication protocols, including USB, TCP/IP, Ethernet, Bluetooth and 802.11.
– Familiarity with oscilloscopes, high speed digital test equipment, logic analyzers, and function generators.
– Methods of designing benchtop experiments to diagnose embedded hardware and firmware problems.
– Ability to work independently and manage competing priorities.
– Both bare metal and RTOS experience.
Education: BSEE, BSCSE
– Work on engineering and research assignments with F500 companies and startups.
– The relationships that we have created with our clients are one of a kind.
– We help solve problems in many technologies focusing on R&D, product development, and manufacturing.
– We work at the most cutting-edge and latest technologies from AR/VR to Autonomous technologies.
– Closely working with our clients, we believe that long term investments are extremely important to maintain the culture we together have created.
We’re a handpicked team of Engineers, digital strategist, designers, and developers united together in creating a fresh experience. Whether we are strategizing, designing, developing, or analyzing, our integrated team works as an extension of yours to improve your impact, your usability, and your customer conversion. In the process, we collaborate with you to get to know your business, understand your industry, and incorporate your big ideas into memorable experiences that keep your customers coming back for more.
Fresh Consulting is a participating E-Verify company.