Fresh Consulting is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end digital services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We’ve been growing fast and need someone to help us continue to manage the delivery of high-quality work in a fast-paced environment.
See more at freshconsulting.com
Visit freshconsulting.com/portfolio to see our project work across several industries.
View and apply to all jobs – https://freshconsulting.applytojob.com/apply/ or visit freshconsulting.com/careers
Title: Equipment Design Systems Mechanical Engineer
Duration: 1 year with high possibly of extension
Location: Sunnyvale, CA or San Diego, CA or Los Angeles, CA
Benefits: Onsite in Sunnyvale, CA or Employee benefits at 100% including Medical, PTO, Holiday Pay, 401K Plan and much more!
Hours: Minimum 40 Hours/Week
Must be onsite in Redmond. Proof of vaccination is required.
– Responsible for design, development and bring-up of new innovative equipment technologies that are core to delivering transformative experience.
– Work closely in a collaborative relationship with subcontract manufacturing partners engineering teams you will develop the HVM infrastructure required to produce the highest quality hardware.
– Lead design and development of technically complex process manufacturing equipment.
– Lead the equipment architecture down-selection, through extensive design reviews, to enable new processes across our product lines.
– Develop, execute, and document qualification test plans for individual performance metrics as well as module level operations.
– Support manufacturing activities by acting as a point of contact for troubleshooting, new feature/process rollout, and materials/process testing.
– Provide early and ongoing manufacturing support to ensure that new equipment is scalable for HVM.
– Lead equipment manufacturers through DFMEA to early prototype demonstration unites and all the way through HVM.
– Write scripts to automate tests, develop tools to analyze and present data.
– Bring up and validate equipment before development vehicle or engineering builds.
– Create and manage acceptance test procedures to validate equipment performance upon installation at target site.
– Document test plans, troubleshooting procedures, application notes, upgrade validation procedures and acceptance testing metrics.
– Create and execute long term performance stability tests.
– Demonstrate failure mode analysis, root cause investigation, and problem solving for product yield and quality issue through FMEA/DFM/DFT/DFX and various DOEs format.
– Lead functional technology groups and drive cross-functional decisions on equipment development and architecture.
– Support failure analysis on systems returned from the field and use data to improve processes, materials and equipment.
– Engage with the module process and module design team to learn about their design and process requirements and produce equipment specification documents for potential equipment suppliers.
– Perform detailed design reviews of the proposed designs from the equipment suppliers.
– This is the majority of the work and the person needs to have extensive design of process equipment AND hands on with process equipment, so you can provide detailed feedback on the proposed design.
– That person also needs to be proactive and push the supplier for improvements and not accept “can’t be done”.
– The driving attitude of that person is critical for this role.
– 3-5+ years with equipment design engineering background.
– Process equipment design experience or Automation equipment design experience.
– Understand process equipment as this is a system designer role.
– Need to have hands on experience with mechanical (and preferably electrical) systems so she/he can provide feedback during design review, based on their experience
– Candidate should have an attitude of doing whatever it takes to get the job done.
– Need to be able to work with remote design reviews and with suppliers around the world.
– Need to be able to partner with suppliers and help them improve their designs.
– Experience with bringing multiple products from concept into HVM.
– Background in module equipment development.
– Experience with 1+ full life cycle product launches including production ramp and HVM.
– Hands-on experience in the development of module equipment such as lamination, ACF bonding, dispensing, molding and laser machining.
– Experience testing and qualifying performance metrics such as: functional test, accuracy, throughput, motion control performance and software configuration,
– Demonstrated ability to perform DOE, data analysis and SPC control.
– Demonstrated experience with failure mode analysis, root cause investigation, and problem solving for product yield and quality issues.
– CAD experience with SolidWorks, AutoCad, Inventor, Pro/Engineer or equivalent. Experience measuring and compensating for errors in a positioning system using laser interferometers, calibration plates, and/or other techniques strongly desired.
– Excellent written & verbal communication skills and demonstrated leadership ability.
– Excellent data handling, documentation, critical milestone creation, and organization skill.
– Programming experience (Python, Matlab, VB for Excel, LabView) desired. Proficiency/familiarity with analytical tools such as Matlab, JMP, and Excel.
– Experience in working with subcontract manufacturing partners.
Education: BSME, BSEE or equivalent with 5+ years of experience in process development in consumer electronics or related fields.
***Must be authorized to work with no visa transfer or sponsorship now or in the future***
– Work on engineering and research assignments with F500 companies and startups.
– The relationships that we have created with our clients are one of a kind.
– We help solve problems in many technologies focusing on R&D, product development, and manufacturing.
– We work at the most cutting-edge and latest technologies from AR/VR to Autonomous technologies.
– Closely working with our clients, we believe that long term investments are extremely important to maintain the culture we together have created.
We’re a handpicked team of Engineers, digital strategist, designers, and developers united
together in creating a fresh experience. Whether we are strategizing, designing, developing, or analyzing, our integrated team works as an extension of yours to improve your impact, your usability, and your customer conversion. In the process, we collaborate with you to get to know your business, understand your industry, and incorporate your big ideas into memorable experiences that keep your customers coming back for more.
Fresh Consulting is a participating E-Verify company.