Fresh Consulting is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end digital services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We’ve been growing fast and need someone to help us continue to manage the delivery of high-quality work in a fast-paced environment.
See more at freshconsulting.com Visit freshconsulting.com/portfolio to see our project work across several industries.
View and apply to all jobs – https://freshconsulting.applytojob.com/apply/ or visit freshconsulting.com/careers
Title: Embedded Software Engineer
Duration: 1 year with possible extension
Location: Onsite Burlingame, CA
Benefits: Employee benefits at 100% including Medical, PTO, Holiday Pay, 401K Plan, and much more!
Hours: Minimum 40 Hours/Week
– Design and implement components at all layers of the system, e.g. kernel, display, and graphics
– Design and implement drivers and services that operate efficiently in a constrained environment yet when pressed can efficiently deliver large volumes of data with low-latency and high-bandwidth.
– Own the definition of one or more work streams focused on hardware bring-up, peripheral drivers and communication, silicon integration and power, and performance management and optimization.
– Debug complex, system-level, multi-component issues that typically span across multiple layers from kernel to application.
– Profile performance problems and drive optimizations that span the entire software stack.
– Bring up new devices and lead debugging and performance tuning exercises that span multiple hardware/firmware/software teams.
– Understand software components from multiple partner teams, lead the integration of those components into the unified product code base, and drive their continued development.
– 4+ years’ Software Engineering experience in the following: device driver development, embedded systems, or operating systems.
– 4+ years’ experience working on systems software in a large-scale C/C++ code base.
– 2+ years’ experience defining and driving technical work streams and providing technical leadership for software engineering teams.
– Experience with Software Development processes including source control, bug tracking, and design documentation.
– Experience in hardware bring-up using interfaces like ADC, GPIO, SPI, I2C, etc.
– Experience in one or more of the following areas: BSP/Board Support Package, Operating Systems, Android OS, RTOS, Bootloader, Power Management, Linux, Graphics and Display Drivers, MCU (Microcontroller).
– Experience developing, debugging, and shipping software products on large code bases that span platforms and tools.
– Deep specialized experience in two or more of the following areas: BSP/Board Support Package, Operating Systems, CoreOS, Kernel, Android Kernel, Bootloader, Power Management, RTOS, Linux, Graphics and Display Drivers, MCU (Microcontroller).
– Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in cross-functional teams.
Education: BSCSE or related.
– Work on engineering and research assignments with F500 companies and startups.
– The relationships that we have created with our clients are one of a kind.
– We help solve problems in many technologies focusing on R&D, product development, and manufacturing.
– We work with the most cutting-edge and latest technologies from AR/VR to Autonomous technologies.
– Closely working with our clients, we believe that long-term investments are extremely important to maintain the culture we together have created.
We’re a handpicked team of Engineers, digital strategists, designers, and developers united together in creating a fresh experience. Whether we are strategizing, designing, developing, or analyzing, our integrated team works as an extension of yours to improve your impact, your usability, and your customer conversion. In the process, we collaborate with you to get to know your business, understand your industry, and incorporate your big ideas into memorable experiences that keep your customers coming back for more.
Equal employment opportunity: All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, familial status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability for which a reasonable accommodation can be made or any other status protected by law. Assistance will be gladly provided upon request for any applicant with sensory or non-sensory disabilities.
Fresh Consulting is a participating E-Verify company.
Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Range $70/hr – $80/hr.