Electrical Engineering Technician
Fresh Consulting is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end digital services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines.
For three years in a row, Fresh Consulting has been recognized as one of the Fastest Growing Companies on the Eastside, including the #1 fastest growing business on the Eastside in 2018. In three of the last four years Seattle Business Magazine recognized us as one of the Best Places to Work in Washington. We want to continue our trend as a choice employer and service provider.
At Fresh Consulting, we strive to hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive. See more at freshconsulting.com
- Build, modification and debug prototype proof of concepts or early engineering units
- PCB assembly and rework
- PCB bring up and troubleshooting
- Ensure the execution of testing and test plans are completed with the highest level of quality
- Provide critical analysis and test result summaries and performance metrics.
- Document performance data and use statistical data analysis techniques to summarize results
- Participate in test strategy discussions, developing test methodologies, plans & test cases to ensure system performance metrics meet product specifications
- Develop, document, and execute test cases based on the product specification in coordination with the team
- Create, document and monitor progress of product issues
- Develop test automation scripts, execute and document results
- 5+ years as an Electronics Technician working on hardware.
- Strong Electrical Engineering Technician fundamentals.
- Must be a strong communicator, be creative, think critically, and be able to analyze & distill complex issues.
- You will be performing electrical board testing which includes programming, troubleshooting & test case execution using provided test scripts/commands.
- With the guidance from other team members you will generate test procedures, user guides & rework/manufacturing instructions for suppliers.
- Essential to have soldering proficiency to solder parts up to 0201 discrete component levels.
- Experience working with external vendors/distributors to coordinate part ordering & tracking.
- You will be working in a very collaborative environment with a lot of opportunities to grow.
- Be to troubleshoot to component level.
- Experience with simple board design experience to help design test boards.
- Some python scripting experience can also be useful in a team but not a strong requirement.
- Knowledge of device architectures & performance metrics for consumer electronics devices.
- Ability to create test strategies and plans based on design specs.
- Ability to develop test plans, procedures, and reports with concise summaries, graphs or charts.
- Exposure to the development of test systems and automation using common test equipment.
- Some mechanical aptitude is a plus. Ability to organize, analyze, summarize and present test result data.
- Able to work closely with Electrical, Industrial, Hardware, Software, Component, Reliability, Manufacturing and Compliance Engineers as well as Program Managers.
- Enthusiastic, motivated, self-driven, and reliable with strong work ethics and interpersonal skills.
Education: A.A. in Engineering Technology or B.S. in EE or EET
We’re big believers in empowering our team to do their best work by offering:
- A high integrity, values-driven Executive Leadership Team
- Competitive salary and benefits plan
- HSA / HRA Options to Medical Plans
- Employee Insurance premiums paid by Fresh
- Competitive time off plans
- Wellness program
- 401K with partial matching
- Training and development programs
- Daily catered lunch
- Partnerships with interesting and engaging clients who align with our values
- Fun and collaborative work environment with a focus on growth
Equal employment opportunity: All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, familial status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability for which a reasonable accommodation can be made or any other status protected by law. Assistance will be gladly provided upon request for any applicant with sensory or non-sensory disabilities.
*Fresh Consulting is a participating E-Verify company.