We are Fresh. Together let’s build the future. With partners and clients, we practice strategy, design, development, and engineering to harness the power of technology and create what’s next.
Our cross-disciplinary approach blends human ingenuity and technology, empowering us to meet uncertainty with confidence. What got us to today won’t get us to tomorrow, so we test our assumptions and always strive for growth. From the products we build to the partners we collaborate with, we believe people make the difference.
And we do so as a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
Why join Fresh?
We are tech industry veterans in software, hardware, strategy, and design who are pooling our skills to build the future we want to live in. We are solving real-world problems for people by leveraging robotics, machine learning, and computer vision, among other technologies, with an eye toward the end-to-end user experience. Our team is agile, diverse, and driven. We believe that the best way to solve complicated, dynamic problems is collaboratively and respectfully. Most of all, we were built from the start as a modern, high-performance services partner that puts people — from our employees to our partners to our clients to their customers, first.
What you’ll be doing?
As our Design Operations Manager, you will be responsible for leading our design operations to enable our designers to devote more time to designing and servicing our clients. To accomplish this, you bring both a design and operations background and will be passionate about building a creative environment where designers are inspired to learn and grow and bring their best every day. Your core focus will be leading our design process and tools and providing team coordination and leadership. In this role, you will:
- You will be a champion to our clients and cross-functional teams to amplify the importance and role design plays in our service offerings during our sales process and project execution.
- You will ensure our design process is highly efficient and generates high-quality design outputs, establishing a clear scheme of design delivery.
- You will identify gaps in our process and drive continuous improvement efforts that optimize our designer’s day-to-day workflow and improve productivity.
- You will define clear metrics according to our business goals, and unify design language across our teams and platforms to ensure consistency and cohesion across our offices and platforms.
- You will ensure the right people are identified for incoming projects by understanding the capabilities, strengths, and career plans of our design team. You will partner with market leaders, sales, project management, and design leadership across our geographies to do this.
- You will be passionate about working with our managers and mentors to develop clear career pathways for the growth, development, and career advancement of our design team.
- You will own our onboarding process, ensuring new team members are successfully assimilated into our team and organization.
- In partnership with our PMO, you will lead our headcount planning and recruiting efforts for our strategy and design team by monitoring our utilization, incoming projects, and project status to know how many people are needed with what skills.
- You will be a change leader for our design team, supporting organizational change that takes place as we grow and evolve as an organization.
- You will be our subject matter expert for design tools, ensuring our design team is trained on these tools to do their best and most efficient work.
- You will determine what tools the team needs, and standardize our tooling systems, including the process for introducing new tools for adoption.
- You will be responsible for creating employee engagement activities that boost morale, retention, and support a strong design team culture.
- You will create our spaces for creative thinking and innovation to flourish in the environment in which our design team works.
- You will build and manage our training schedule with our design leads so our team continues to grow their skills and knowledge.
- You will build strong relationships across our organization, helping to foster cross-discipline integration and collaboration.
We want you to have:
- 5+ years managing a design team
- 3+ years as Design Operations Manager or Studio Manager
- Prior experience in a creative agency or consultancy work setting
- Working experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Miro, Mural, Powerpoint, Google Slides
- Former design experience in brand or UX enables you to help guide our design team in the creation process across both brand and product design.
It would be a bonus if you had:
- Experience as a Project Manager or Producer, leading planning through execution of design projects.
- Experience working with human-centered design and product/design/innovation strategy, or a deep desire to learn about and advocate for it.
We’re big believers in empowering our team to do their best work by offering:
- High integrity, values-driven Executive Leadership Team
- Smart, kind, and growth-minded culture committed to one another’s success
- Competitive salary and benefits plan
- HSA / HRA Options to Medical Plans
- Employee Insurance premiums paid by Fresh
- Competitive time-off plans
- Wellness program
- 401K with partial matching
- Training and development programs
- Daily catered lunch
- Partnerships with interesting and engaging clients who align with our values
Equal employment opportunity: All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, familial status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability for which a reasonable accommodation can be made or any other status protected by law. Assistance will be gladly provided upon request for any applicant with sensory or non-sensory disabilities.
*Fresh Consulting is an E-Verify participating company
See Fresh in action