Fresh Consulting is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end digital services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We’ve been growing fast and need someone to help us continue to manage the delivery of high-quality work in a fast-paced environment.
See more at freshconsulting.com
Visit freshconsulting.com/portfolio to see our project work across several industries.
Title: Camera/Optical Systems Validation Engineer
Duration: Project – Long-Term Vendor
Location: Redmond, WA
Benefits: Employee benefits at 100% including Medical, PTO, Holiday Pay, 401K Plan and much more!
Hours: Minimum 40 Hours/Week
• You will lead along with internal design teams from early conceptualization and development of high-fidelity prototypes to deliver high volume consumer products.
• As a lead member of the core development team that bridges the space between one-off Product Engineering prototypes and manufacturing partners, your responsibilities will help shape the future success of our products.
• Your role will collaborate cross-functionally within the engineering community leading along with ME, EE, OE, FW, SW, MFG, RE and Test disciplines.
• You will be a core member of the team supporting all phases from prototypes to engineering builds.
• Leveraging excellent technical communication skills and hands-on prototyping skills, they’ll work to validate designs, communicate results and collaborate on design solutions.
• You will own the system level camera performance validation through the creation of test vehicles, camera test platforms, and generation of technical tools for the next generation.
• The ideal candidate has demonstrated the ability of leading along with internal design teams and external production partners. The candidate will also have an extraordinary ability to communicate to all levels of an organization – from management and higher-level strategy planning to the technicians and leads on a manufacturing floor.
• Develop a deep understanding of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to be validated for products by collaborating across different disciplines and technology partners.
• Independent self driver contributor capable of determining areas of improvement and lead project from design to implementation
• Lead along cross-functional teams, including Optical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering to characterize and test multi-camera perception systems
• Function as an expert in system camera validation for devices.
• Design and develop custom set-ups based on features and use scenarios.
• Debug optical/electrical/mechanical issues during camera system validation.
• Document of procedures, setups, and experimental results, with strong attention to detail.
• Troubleshoot and debug test systems and automation solutions from a software and hardware perspective in full autonomy.
• Identify and root cause performance issues working with other hardware and software teams.
• Scope, schedule and organize testing in a timely manner and deliver robust test results to support development and evaluation.
• Ensure proper procedures and methods are used by other members of the design team by providing a value-added quality review.
• Ensure successful transition of tests/procedures to full scale production.
• Manage external design contractors and manufacturing technology partners in the design, creation, and qualification of characterization equipment.
• The candidate will spend 25%+ of the time in the lab building up new tests and executing system calibration and characterization
• Experience in camera calibration, image quality and computer vision
• 3+ years experience in systems development across full product life-cycles – concept to production
• Experience in multi-camera systems performance evaluation, test and characterization
• Experience with optical instrumentation setup (cameras, precision stages, controllers, lasers, optical components, etc.)
• Experience with programming in Python, C++ or other equivalent programming languages
• Experience with optical metrology for system test and qualification
• Experience working both independently and as a tech lead of a team, taking initiative, and managing priorities appropriately individually and for a team
• Effective Communication skills
• Experience providing regular updates on project status, issues/resolutions and helping needed to cross-functional teams and executives
• In-depth understanding of typical image processing algorithms and SW/HW implementation through the entire pipeline
• Industrial experience on camera module/system design and validation.
• Experience with design for six sigma, inclusive of structure problem solving approach, design experimentation and optimization (DOE), root cause and defect/failure analysis, FMEA, FEA, reliability testing, statistical data analysis, manufacturing process knowledge (MSA/GRR)
• 2D/3D CAD fixture design and tolerance stack-up analysis experience
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Optical Engineering, Robotics, Physics, Electronics, or related discipline
– Work on engineering and research assignments with F500 companies and startups.
– The relationships that we have created with our clients are one of a kind.
– We help solve problems in many technologies focusing on R&D, product development, and manufacturing.
– We work at the most cutting-edge and latest technologies from AR/VR to Autonomous technologies.
– Closely working with our clients, we believe that long term investments are extremely important to maintain the culture we together have created.
We’re a handpicked team of Engineers, digital strategist, designers, and developers united together in creating a fresh experience. Whether we are strategizing, designing, developing, or analyzing, our integrated team works as an extension of yours to improve your impact, your usability, and your customer conversion. In the process, we collaborate with you to get to know your business, understand your industry, and incorporate your big ideas into memorable experiences that keep your customers coming back for more.
Fresh Consulting is a participating E-Verify company.