Fresh Consulting is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end digital services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We’ve been growing fast and need someone to help us continue to manage the delivery of high-quality work in a fast-paced environment. See more at freshconsulting.com
Visit freshconsulting.com/portfolio to see our project work across several industries.
Title: Antenna Engineer
Duration: Project – Long-Term Vendor
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Benefits: Employee benefits at 100% including Medical, PTO, Holiday Pay, 401K Plan and much more!
Hours: Minimum 40 Hours/Week
• Responsible for antenna design, implementation and verification throughout a product design cycle.
• Responsible for RF front-end matching, antenna passive and active performance by computer simulation and lab validation.
• Perform board level and product level EM simulations for best-in-class radio performance, spatial co-existence and emissions.
• Work with internal cross-functional team and external JDM/CM to successfully bring wireless product to market.
• Support EMI/EMC trouble shooting, and product certification.
• Support domestic/international travel for program milestones.
• Strong communicator.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in antenna design for small form factor designs close to the human body like cell phones, wearables, and tablets.
• Design experience with antennas for Cellular/LTE.
• Experience with 3D EM simulation tools such as HFSS.
• Experience with antenna prototyping tools and techniques.
• Knowledge of basic RF concepts such as impedance matching, Smith Charts.
• Theoretical understanding of and experience with radiation pattern and Over the Air (OTA) measurements using anechoic and/or reverberation chambers.
• Knowledge of body proximity on antenna performance.
• Knowledge of wave propagation, current distributions, EM field distributions, etc.
• Knowledge of PCB layout fundamentals.
• Experienced with designing antennas for consumer electronic devices.
• Experience integrating antennas and solving antenna system issues.
• Knowledge of antenna radiation pattern and antenna isolation optimization.
• Demonstrated experience of working in a team environment.
• Strong Communication skills.
• PhD in Electrical Engineering specializing in Antenna/Electromagnetic design.
• Experience with different antenna manufacturing processes (LDS, FPC, Stamped Metal, etc.).
• Hands on with lab equipment such as network analyzers, communication testers (CMW 500, Anritsu, etc.), spectrum analyzers, channel emulators, SPEAG SAR equipment, power meters, etc.
• Understanding of Specific Absorption Rate standards and mitigation techniques.
• Experience with troubleshooting issues such as receiver desense, load-pull, etc.
• Experience with best design practices for EMI/EMC, ESD and RF signal routing.
• Experience with operator and certification requirements for Cellular, WIFI, BT and GPS.
Education: BSEE/MSEE or related engineering field.
– Work on engineering and research assignments with F500 companies and startups.
– The relationships that we have created with our clients are one of a kind.
– We help solve problems in many technologies focusing on R&D, product development, and manufacturing.
– We work at the most cutting-edge and latest technologies from AR/VR to Autonomous technologies.
– Closely working with our clients, we believe that long term investments are extremely important to maintain the culture we together have created.
We’re a handpicked team of Engineers, digital strategist, designers, and developers united together in creating a fresh experience. Whether we are strategizing, designing, developing, or analyzing, our integrated team works as an extension of yours to improve your impact, your usability, and your customer conversion. In the process, we collaborate with you to get to know your business, understand your industry, and incorporate your big ideas into memorable experiences that keep your customers coming back for more.
Fresh Consulting is a participating E-Verify company.