We are Fresh. Together let’s build the future. With partners and clients, we practice strategy, design, development, and engineering to harness the power of technology and create what’s next.
Our cross-disciplinary approach blends human ingenuity and technology, empowering us to meet uncertainty with confidence. What got us to today won’t get us to tomorrow, so we test our assumptions and always strive for growth. From the products we build to the partners we collaborate with, we believe people make the difference.
And we do so as a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
Why join Fresh?
Fresh Consulting is a fast-paced, design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX Designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We’ve been growing fast and need someone to help us continue to manage the delivery of high quality work in a fast-paced environment. See more at freshconsulting.com.
What we need:
We are looking for a Controller to join our growing finance team. We are looking for someone who can be a positive addition to our team culture and develop processes that will enable the continued growth of Fresh Consulting. The Controller will be a trusted team member responsible for maintaining robust financial reporting and controls. This is a fantastic opportunity for a professional who thrives in a dynamic workplace, and is well-versed in working closely with senior management, including reporting directly to the CFO.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Production of monthly multi-entity consolidated financial reporting within 5 working days
- Oversee production of weekly KPI reporting and operating metrics
- Ensures results comply with accounting principles and financial reporting standards
- Coordinate, plan & facilitate the annual audit
- Possess a solid understanding of M&A accounting & integration activities
- Maintain consistent and accurate financial information with acquitted company
- Ensure solid internal controls and safeguards are functioning and are in place
- Continually improve process, systems, reporting
- Work closely with other departments to ensure that strategic initiatives are achieved
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and filings
- Prepare the annual budgets and forecasts
- Cash planning and working capital management
- Offers recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
- Manage an accounting team of 4 (current headcount)
- Perform ad hoc analysis, reports and forecasts as required
- Support the CFO in presentations and executive-level meetings when required
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field
- 5+ years relevant, comparable experience
- Audit experience preferred
- CPA or equivalent preferred
- Experience with Sage Intacct preferred
- Candidates should possess knowledge of all aspects of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP / IFRS)
- Impeccable analytical and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Able to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Strong knowledge and experience using Microsoft products, particularly Excel (including pivot tables, lookups, and macros)
- Strong analytical skills with data-driven thinking
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Tech Savvy
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
For a Washington-State-based role, the base salary hiring range for this position is $140,000 to $180,000. Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Equal employment opportunity: All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, familial status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability for which a reasonable accommodation can be made or any other status protected by law. Assistance will be gladly provided upon request for any applicant with sensory or non-sensory disabilities.
*Fresh Consulting is an E-Verify participating company